Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
nirhor_roy
My Device: Blackberry Playbook Os 2.0
My Carrier: Robi Axiata Limited

Compiling libx264 for Playbook

I have compiled ffmpeg for playbook. But for encoding with H164 it uses external library x264. How can that be cross compiled? The configure script has no support for QNX. However it does support ARM. Any suggestion about how to cross compile libx264?

I tried to compile the code in the momentics ide. But it is not C99 compliant and that causes huge amount of trouble. Please help. :Helpsmilie:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
falcon_88
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Compiling libx264 for Playbook

I know it is a bit off topic but can you tell me what configuration you used to compile ffmpeg? I have been trying to do it but havnt found any success.
Please use plain text.
Developer
mreed
My Device: ಠ_ಠ

[ Edited ]

@falcon you might want to try searching first. There are at least two other threads about ffmpeg.

./configure --enable-cross-compile --cross-prefix=arm-unknown-nto-qnx8.0.0eabi- --arch=armv7 --disable-debug --enable-optimizations --enable-asm --disable-static --enable-shared --target-os=qnx --disable-ffplay --disable-ffserver --disable-ffprobe --prefix=`pwd`/target

Re: FFMpeg compile:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/FFMpeg-compile/m-p/1792949#M5442

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
falcon_88

So here is a configuration which seems to work for me. I havnt tested the actual compiled library it but it compiles libx264.

./configure --enable-shared --host=arm-linux --cross-prefix=arm-unknown-nto-qnx6.5.0eabi- --disable-asm --disable-cli

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
falcon_88

So after playing around for a bit the final config which seems to work is

./configure --enable-shared --host=arm-linux --cross-prefix=arm-unknown-nto-qnx6.5.0eabi- --disable-cli

After checking what exactly -linux option does is that it only includes a <malloc.h> file which is already availble in the NDK so I am very hopeful it will work.

Please use plain text.