Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Regular Contributor
derekpapworth
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK

ContactService signal on Delete - access to deleted item

Hi there,

Very new to BB10 development so excuse my general ignorance of platform at the moment ..

I'm trying a test to see if I can convert or recreate an app I wrote on the BB5/6/7 platform in Java that utilised the PIM Listener(s) to capture deleted items etc. ... I'm trying to use the ContactService signals "contactsDeleted" which I've managed to capture and debug and it returns the id(s) of the deleted contacts ok but, whereas in BB5/6/7 Listener you could access the deleted contact itself at this point, it looks like there's no way to access it in BB10 as it appears to have been deleted by the the time ths signal is called?

Is there any way to access the item (contact in this case but also same in calendar etc) that's been removed from the contact list but before it's actually destroyed so to speak? There's not a lot of point of a delete signal if there's no way of knowing what's been deleted other than it's id?

I have tried calling the ContactService contactDetails passing the id as parameter but it doesn't return anything from what I can see.

Any help or advice much appreciated!

Derek

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
derekpapworth
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Re: ContactService signal on Delete - access to deleted item

Anyone any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Derek

Please use plain text.
Developer
seasonw
My Device: Not Specified

Re: ContactService signal on Delete - access to deleted item

I don't think it is possible to retrieve contact data if it is being deleted in BB10.

However, I just faced the deleteContact function in the ContactService runs very slow. Do you have the same problem?

Please use plain text.