Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
annadanesh
My Device: DevAlphadevice
My Carrier: rim

Creating RootNode

Hi all,

I am following tutorials for Httpconnection example which is given in blackberry site, they have mentioned

AbstractPane *root = qml->createRootNode<AbstractPane>(); //for creating rootnode in app.cpp file

but it is  throwing error that  'class bb::cascades::QmlDocument'  has no member named . so i also checked in qmlDocument.h file for  above mentioned function but  i got createRootObeject function so for that i used

AbstractPane *root = qml->createRootObject<AbstractPane>(); function call but for this after running project blackscreen is displayed  and it is throwing runtime error in errolog:"unable to determine application exit code" so plz give some solution .

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Creating RootNode

Wrong forum, you want the Cascades forum:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Cascades-Development/bd-p/Cascades

I will try to get this Thread moved. 

You need to check that you have all the includes defined, I think the no member named problem is because you are missing an include. 

Can't help you with the second problem, I would debug through your app and see where it is going wrong.  Remember that the debugger by default stops at main, you need to press 'Resume' to get your app going.  Where it stops there is typically the splash screen displayed, which is a Black screen with BlackBerry written on it - I suspect this is the screen you are seeing. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
annadanesh
My Device: DevAlphadevice
My Carrier: rim

Re: Creating RootNode

I have included  #include <bb/cascades/QmlDocument> in app.cpp file ,i went through QmlDocument.h file  but there is no function called createRootNoode() so why they are using this function in tutorials and now what i have to do solve this problem plz help me

Please use plain text.