Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
strobejb
My Device: bb10 developer

Creating a new build configuration

I'd like to create a new build configuration in Momentics in that will compile my app differently (it will pass some additional C preprocessor macros to the compiler when my project is built).

Let's say I want to base it on Device-Release, but I want to call it Device-Release-Testing instead. I can see how to do this step through the IDE already: (Project -> Build Configurations -> Manage)

This will (I assume) build my project over the top of the arm/o-le.v7/ directory. What I want though, is to have the project built in a new location so that I can ensure my release binaries never get muddled up.

I'd like this configuration instead to be built under the arm-test/o-le.v7/ directory. I believe this should be possible because the 'Device-Profile' configuration does something similar, with builds ending up under arm-p

My question is, how does the build configuration in momentics (stored in the .cproject configuration file) specify this change? I can see the 'Device-Profile' configuraiton inside the .cproject directory - but there is no reference to an 'arm-p' directory, and there is nothing in my application's PRO file that gives any indication of a 'profile' configuration.

I grep'd my entire codebase and I just don't see how to do this - yet it must be possible. What am I missing here?

Please use plain text.