Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
marcd
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

Creating a static library in Momentics IDE

Hello all, I'm very new to Playbook development, I'm trying to add a project to my workspace which would compile c++ code to a .a that could be linked to my existing Playbook app. Few questions :

1) What is the correct project type to choose from the list when i go to File > New ?

2) Is there a way to make this work without makefiles ? (Ie managed by momentics jus tlike my playbook app is)

3) Since my cpp/h files already exist on disk for this lib, what is the best method to add them to this static lib project ?

Thank you all for the support.

Developer
rcmaniac25
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.3253, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.997 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.997 Dev OS, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.0.1418, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917

Re: Creating a static library in Momentics IDE

File->New->BlackBerry C/C++ Project->{Set project name}->{Choose C or C++, Managed or Makefile build, and Archive (static library)}->...
---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Contributor
marcd
My Device: Playbook

Re: Creating a static library in Momentics IDE

[ Edited ]

Thank you very much rcmaniac, exactly what I was looking for. Now I can simply drag and drop my source files and the compiler actually takes them into account!