Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Custom Multi-touch Gestures for Playbook

I want to develop an app that uses multi-finger swipe gestures with the 2.1 NDK.  I want to be able to perform swipe gestures from 1 all the way up to 4 fingers.  This is critical for my application.  

Using the gesture example program as my base, the swipe gesture only fires if you are using one finger.  In Types.h gesture_e has a GESTURE_USER.  Does this imply that I can create my own gesture state machines that can be used with the gesture set?  I can't find any documentation to support that so my guess is no.

If I can't do that, can I use basic mtouch_events to handle code to implement my own gestures?  

Or is there a 3rd party library out there that might already implement what I am trying to do?

Or perhaps a more experienced Playbook developer has a better direction for me to look at for making multi-finger swipe gestures possible on the Playbook.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, q5, z10
My Carrier: TM

Re: Custom Multi-touch Gestures for Playbook

you can use multiple touch points (up to 4)

each point has a contact_id, which can be used to identify the point of the event

mtouch_event.contact_id
New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Thanks for taking the time to help out a noob!  That should make my life much eaiser.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, q5, z10
My Carrier: TM

the source code of out multi touch application (http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/104764/?lang=en) will be available as soon as we are allowed to upload it to the blackberry github repository ... so, stay tuned