Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Custom dictionary on virtual keyboard?

I have noticed that when typing on the virtual keyboard, it suggests words on each key that is relevant.

What I would like to know is whether there is a way I can set the word list within my application since the keyboard will only be used to search from a specific list of app specific keywords.

Say for example, the user will search for country names in my app, I could have the keyboard suggest only country names on the keys. Is this possible?

I already have the compiled list of "countries", I just need a way to attach it to the virtual keyboard.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: Custom dictionary on virtual keyboard?

While I doubt there's an API for that right now, or even planned, it sounds to me like an excellent idea.

I suggest you add it to the Issue Tracker as a "feature request" to make RIM developers aware of the idea. You can do that by logging in with your BBID at https://www.blackberry.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa. Then click on Create Issue, select the BlackBerry 10 project, and change the Issue Type to "New Feature". You can also link back to this thread in the body of the issue.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Thanks for the suggestion. I can't however seem to login. When I select login with BB ID, it takes me to a page asking for my Jam credentials that match my BB10 credentials, and won't accept my standard login.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Please contact us at jamzonesupport@rim.com for help with your login issue.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker