Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
Bluenoser
My Device: BlackBerry Z10/Z10LE/Q10/PlayBook

DateTimePicker BUG?

I have the following structure.

Sheet {
  Page{
    Container{
     <multiple controls>
    }
  }
}

The controls fill the Container. I have DropDown and DateTimePicker controls. When I open the DropDown, the rest of the controls are pushed down past the bottom of the screen so I can see all the options for the DropDown. When I open the DateTimePicker, it only opens a little bit. Only as big as the space I have in the screen. The controls are not pushed down past the bottom of the screen. This renders the DateTimePicker useless.

The behavior of the DropDown and DateTimePicker is not the same. This must be a bug. Is there a workaround until the bug is fixed? I am using the latest SDK.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Zmey
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, DAC

Re: DateTimePicker BUG?

Put the container inside of ScrollView so it can be stretched beyond screen bounds.

Andrey Fidrya, @zmeyc on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
Bluenoser
My Device: BlackBerry Z10/Z10LE/Q10/PlayBook

Re: DateTimePicker BUG?

[ Edited ]

@Zmey,

Yes. That is one solution, but since that doesn't need to be done with a DropDown. It will stretch beyond screen bounds without ScrollView. It is only the DateTimePicker that has problems. But I have seen that using a ScrollView doesn't give smooth animation.

It also means that special handling has to be done for orientation if you use a ScrollView.

I was hoping that Blackberry will acknowledge that this is a bug.

Please use plain text.