Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
gyubok
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

DateTimePicker minWidth, maxWidth, preferredWidth, preferredHeight warning

Hi, I have DateTimePicker and whenever the component with it is created, I see this error in the console.log

"WARNING: bb::cascades::PickerminWidth is NOT set, returned value cannot be trusted" 
"WARNING: bb::cascades::PickermaxWidth is NOT set, returned value cannot be trusted" 
"WARNING: bb::cascades::PickerpreferredWidth is NOT set, returned value cannot be trusted" 
"WARNING: bb::cascades::PickerpreferredHeight is NOT set, returned value cannot be trusted"

I am not using any of those properties anywhere nor ssetting those values to the DateTimePicker control.

What can be causing this issue?

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

Re: DateTimePicker minWidth, maxWidth, preferredWidth, preferredHeight warning

These are only warnings generated from the internal class and can be ignored as long as you are not accessing the properties.

widths and heights are not set for a lot of controls, read here for more info...

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/reference/cascades/bb__cascades__control.html#property-prefer...

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.