Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)
Accepted Solution

Debug in release build

Hi everybody,

my new app uses a Card to process data. The data processor fires a signal and the slot respons to this by closing the card. Well, at least while debugging. I tried the release build just before uploading it to BlackBerry World and I noticed the card doesn't get closed. The data gets processed just fine, but somehow either the signal isn't properly fired or the card cannot be closed. I attached a bit of code to illustrate my workings.

The data processor

void WebpageFetcher::done()
{
	DbHelper* dbHelper = DbHelper::getInstance();
	dbHelper->insert(some data);
	//Signal that we're done!
	emit fetchDone("Success!");
	delete dbHelper;
}

The Application

fetcher = new WebpageFetcher(uri);
connect(fetcher, SIGNAL(fetchDone(QString)), this, SLOT(fetchingDone(QString)));
void ApplicationUI::fetchingDone(QString msg)
{
	// Assemble message
	CardDoneMessage message;
	message.setData(msg);
	message.setDataType("text/plain");
	message.setReason("Success!");
	// Send message
	m_invokeManager->sendCardDone(message);
}

Now my question is: how can I see output in release build? qDebug obviously won't work, but I need some tool to help me figure out this issue.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Developer
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)

Re: Debug in release build

Looks like the culprit was "Build automatically" that neglected my changes to the code for the release build. Well only 4 hours wasted, could be worse:Sorcerer:

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!