Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Debug qml

I followed the guidelines in https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/getting_started/tools/debugging.html to enable qml debugging.

However, on startup i get this message in the console (timestamp etc are added by my logging code):

Warning: 14:13:55.563 "QDeclarativeDebugServer: Ignoring "-qmljsdebugger=port:3768,block". Debugging has not been enabled." 

Breakpoints in qml are ignored. They work in c++/Qt, of course.

What did i miss?

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
slashkyle
My Device: Red Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Debug qml

The only way I know to view the output of your QML code is 

Besides running the debugger there are some other ways that you can debug your Cascades application. In JavaScript, you can use the console.log() function to output text and variables to the console. You can view the console by:

1. In the QNX Momentics IDE, in the Target Navigator view, right-click the device target. ClickLaunch SSH Session.
  2. In the terminal that appears, do one of the following:
    1. To view the current slogger2 logs, type slog2info.
    2. To view real-time output for the processes that are being debugged (for applications that are running in development mode), type slog2info -w.
    3. To view help information on slogger2, type slog2info -h.

You can also access the log files directly in the /tmp/slogger22 on the device and run these logs through slog2info at a later time.

Please use plain text.
Developer
mzex
My Device: Playbook, Z10LE, DevAlpha C
My Carrier: Telenor, Mobitel

[ Edited ]

Instructions for QML debugging from https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/getting_started/tools/debugging.html worked for me. I can debug QML, set breakpoints, etc.

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

mzex wrote:

Instructions for QML debugging from https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/getting_started/tools/debugging.html worked for me. I can debug QML, set breakpoints, etc.

well, i guess you don't get the output with

"QDeclarativeDebugServer: Ignoring "-qmljsdebugger=port:3768,block". Debugging has not been enabled."

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.