04-24-2012 12:31 PM
BGmot has a good idea. Some other tests that could prove useful:
1) Try some other projects such as the built-in samples. Do they debug more reliably?
2) Do you have another PlayBook available for testing? If not please try a simulator. Does debugging improve?
When the failure occurs, does the new application still install successfully to the PlayBook? If not:
3) Does deploying applications from the command-line succeed consistently (both over WiFi and USB)?
04-28-2012 10:10 PM
1) I tried the samples and just a plain Hello World, they are just as unreliable
2) I don't have a second playbook. I tried the simulator and it is 100% reliable
When the failure occurs the application has been installed it just fails at the final moment.
I tried a wifi target and it is the same behaviour as USB. Using wireshark I do see one thing different between a good run and a failed run. just before the IDE pops up the error this shows up in wireshark:
696.503190 192.168.2.19 192.168.2.12 TCP https > 61640 [RST] Seq=2458 Win=0 Len=0
I haven't tried command line deployment tests yet.
04-29-2012 04:04 AM
04-29-2012 11:43 AM
>696.503190 192.168.2.19 192.168.2.12 TCP https > 61640 [RST] Seq=2458 Win=0 Len=0
From here we can see that PlayBook terminates connection, not good. Can you send me .pcap file generated by Wireshark when this happens and when everything is good?