Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
Developer
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Deprecated Assembly code when porting Boost

I'm working through porting the Boost 1.49 Library with a Makefile project and almost every library is giving a warning when built that swp{b} is deprecated for this architecture.........I haven't gotten to building the library test packages yet as I'm still trying to figure out the best way to redirect the std::smileysurprised:ut or just check it while hooked to the simulator........but I was wondering since the __QNXNTO__ switch is defined, should it be giving out this warning?

Contributor
My Device: NA
My Carrier: NA

Re: Deprecated Assembly code when porting Boost

I am needing Boost and I would be interested in knowing you get it to build work with the NSDK.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

We’ve actually pushed a port of Boost out that has this spinlock assembly code fixed for ARMv7 and up.

Please have a look at github and search for our BlackBerry Boost port. 

Contributor
My Device: NA
My Carrier: NA

Is RIM going to add Boost the NSDK in the future as a lot of C++ developers use this library?

I dont really want to have to build the library myself when I really want to concentrate on porting and supporting our own code.

Developer
Developer
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Will using the code as is not work due to this spin lock code?
What exactly was done to fix the working libraries/headers (as there are quite a few that are not reported to have been ported)?