Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

My Device: Dev Alpha B

Dev Alpha B device not working correctly after custom OS Update

Hello,

Because we had some issues with our Dev Alpha B device, we have been provided a custom OS update (the one on https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10devalphas/update/ did not work). The version we have is still 10.0.0.09.1675 but modified so that it recognize our device as a Dev Alpha B device.

Anyway, since we updated, we are not able to push packages on the device.

We are using the command:
(cd to /bbndk/host_10_0_9_404/win32/x86/usr/bin)
./blackberry-nativepackager.bat -installApp -launchApp -device 169.254.0.1 -password ourpassword "\path\to\ourgame.bar"

(also tried via wifi)

The output:
Info: Sending request: Install
Info: Resetting stale session
Info: Sending request: Install
Info: Action: Install
Info: File size: 47183189
Info: Installing ...
Info: Processing 47183189 byte

It blocks here for a very long time.

We have tried with both a signed and debug package. The debug token is correctly installed on the device. Any idea what could be wrong?

Note that we did not have this issue with the previous OS installed on the device (10.0.9.568), but we had others which forced us to update (the device used to lock itself on the screen "Thank you for participating! The BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha device program has ended. For details on what to do next, please visit developer.BlackBerry.com." and audio was not working). The OS update fixed those issues but we cannot install anything on the device now...

I insist that this was working fine before the OS update. Also, note that we have also tried to install some samples from the IDE, and there is the same issue. For instance :

Deployment Failed: Info: Sending request: Install and Launch
Info: Action: Install and Launch
Info: Debug native: on
Info: File size: 22607
Info: Installing com.example.FallingBlocks.testDev_llingBlocks37d009c_...
Info: Processing 22607 bytes

If it helps, the Dev Alpha B seems to be a new model as it is equipped with an Adreno 225 GPU rather than OMAP 4460.

If it helps, we have been in contact with help@blackberry.com. The id of the exchange is INC000025938766.

I'm pretty sure that there is an issue with the OS we have or with the hardware. I hope you can do something quickly so that we can publish our game as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Damien