Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Classic
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Dev Alpha device exchange: Can I wait for the Keyboarded model?

I've done some googling and board searches and couldn't find the answer. When the Dev alpha devices 'time bomb' in Q1 2013, will I have to exchange it for the touch screen model phone? Or will I be able to wait until the BB 10 device with a Keyboard becomes available?

To me Keyboard == superior! Smiley Happy

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Dev Alpha device exchange: Can I wait for the Keyboarded model?

When RIM does the exchange, they will swap the current Dev Alpha devices for a special developer version of the touch screen device. At this point, RIM hasn't stated anything official beyond this, but at this point, I would guess that the current answer is no. The only way to know for sure though is to wait and see if RIM makes an announcement.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Developer
My Device: Classic
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks Krypto. If that's all we know now I'll wait and see.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

No problem! Good luck getting your app(s) all ready for launch!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!