Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Trusted Contributor
nikmaster
My Device: BB Playbook

Dev Jam Zone Reward badge

I have ported and app to bb10, but I had to release it under different app ID, because I have lost my signing keys. Am I eligible to unlock "Porting To BlackBerry 10" badge? I tried to contact dev jam support via jamzonesupport@rim.com, but I did not receive an answer in 4 days. Does anyone have same case as I do?

Please click the Thumbs Up icon if this comment has helped you! If your issue is resolved, please click the solution button on the resolution!

Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

Re: Dev Jam Zone Reward badge

You don't need to use different app ID if you change your keys. But in this case upgrade has strange effects - customer sees two icons.

If you port from Android or iOS, then app id is not important at all.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Trusted Contributor
nikmaster

But then AppWorld does not accept your signed app. And I was told that I need to change app id

Please click the Thumbs Up icon if this comment has helped you! If your issue is resolved, please click the solution button on the resolution!

Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

I've lost my keys. I applied for new ones and signed new release of the app with the same app id. App was accepted w/o any problems.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Developer
SangramPatil
My Device: BB10 Dev Aplha

What is the process to unlock this badget?

Are we supposed to write an email to that email ID?

Developer
mzex
My Device: Playbook, Z10LE, DevAlpha C

No, this is automated process, i got that badge, and i receive it without any intervention from my side.

Developer
SangramPatil

I want to know about the badge for Porting app for BB10. I also got other badges autimatically, but do we need to inform them about our BB 10 ported apps?

Trusted Contributor
nikmaster

I tried to contact them a while ago and this is what I got:

Did we port the app and email you that it was done, or did you port it yourself?

The badge is only for the first case. If you did get the email, let me know what the code was and which email address it was sent to, and I can look into it for you.

Developer
SangramPatil

Does it mean that, the app has to be ported by Blackberry?

Trusted Contributor
nikmaster

I am not sure how RIM can port your app, but it seems so. I hope someone who got this badge will explain this.