Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Retired
melleb
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Dev-centric video channel: let us know what you want to see

Ahoy, intrepid developers!

If I might be so bold as to momentarily distract you from your compiling, I have a favour to ask. (Yeah, she just got here and she's already asking for favours…)

We’ve been working on a project here at the Stately BlackBerry Manor, and I would love to get your input. We're building what we’ve colloquially referred to as “DevTube”, i.e. a video channel of developer-centric content. So I figured it would be a good idea to actually ask you what you'd like to see on it.

Would love to know what types/lengths of content you'd be interested in, what you'd like to learn about, who you'd like to meet, what kinds of things make you stop watching and go back to Reddit…

Some general categories we're thinking of so far:

• Developers! Folks who are building cool apps, their companies, processes, products, etc.
  • Technical product demos. How does new stuff being launched make your development life easier, better, faster, etc.
  • Screencasts. How to do…?
  • The business of apps. Lots of you are building businesses out there. What are the best practices, success stories, etc.
  • Meet the team. Lots of you know lots of us. At least online. Get to know Dev Relations and other relevant RIM folk and who can help you get stuff done.
  • Event coverage. Keynotes, interviews, etc. You're seeing this stuff on the dev blog and whatnot, just want to have it in one place.

I can't guarantee we'll be able to implement everything you throw out there, but geek-friendly and fluff-free is my ultimate goal.

Much obliged,

Melle

Cross-posted to: Java, Web and WebWorks, Adobe AIR, and Native.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Melanie Baker
Community Manager, Developer Relations
mebaker@blackberry.com
Please use plain text.
Developer
dbigham
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: NA

Re: Dev-centric video channel: let us know what you want to see

Has no one replied to this at all?

I just noticed this message today myself.

I think this is a fantastic idea -- I could see myself really valuing this kind of thing. And the bullet points of suggested content are exactly the kinds of things that were popping into my head when you posed the question.

Looking foward to seeing what you come up with!

Please use plain text.
Retired
melleb

There've been a bunch of very helpful replies on the other boards where it was cross-posted. Perhaps ironically, the first videos I uploaded were about Cascades, from the TAT folks. :smileyhappy:

Glad to hear we're on the right track. Can't wait to start rolling out content and getting feedback from the community.

Melanie Baker
mebaker@blackberry.com
Please use plain text.
Developer
Cozz
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

I would like to see something for the newbies about Cascades. Small tutorials. Like Cascades for dummies. It will help many newcomers. Something like Buckys C++ tutorials on youtube

Updated my pin
Please use plain text.
Retired
melleb

Don't know if it's intro-level enough for your taste, but the TAT guys recently produced a couple of Cascades videos that might be of interest:

Creating a Simple List: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B4efVErrvA&feature=plcp

Using Cascades Exporter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Niu_ilcSNTw&feature=plcp

There are also a couple of "getting started" initiatives in the works, too.

Melanie Baker
mebaker@blackberry.com
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GENBB
My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Primero felicitarlos por esas excelentes ideas que han tenido y estan teniendo para los Desarrolladores y los que no y en segundo lugar me gustaria ver algun video pero enfocado a una persona que no ha tenido contacto con el desarrollo en general y lo digo por experiencia propia nunca habia tenido contacto y estan los tutoriales pero para los que no sbaen nada son dificiles de entender.

Podrian hacer un video de iniciacion utilizando CAscades por ejemplo que es la innovacion de ahora de RIM o por lo menos en mi caso podrian hacer  o traducir los tutoriales a español?

Hablo no solo por mi sino por muchos desarrolladores en America que no hablan ingles y le sha sido un poco dificil hacer las cosas?

Gracias 

Devs, NewGenteBlackBerry
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bdely
My Device: Curve 9380 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Telus

I think any videos would be helpful to people, going from simple task to more complicated ones.

Will there be any one the embedding or invocation framework

Please use plain text.
BelmaHFL
My Device: -
My Carrier: -

Hola GENBB,

Muchas gracias por participar en el foro. Para tu comodida BlackBerry tiene un foro en español en el que puede participar:

http://foros.blackberry.com/

Un saludo,

BelmaHFL

Please use plain text.
BelmaHFL
My Device: -
My Carrier: -

Hola GENBB,

Muchas gracias por participar en el foro. Para tu comodida BlackBerry tiene un foro en español en el que puede participar:

http://foros.blackberry.com/

Un saludo,

BelmaHFL

Please use plain text.
Retired
melleb

Estamos trabajando en algunos proyectos para los desarrolladores que son nuevos en el desarrollo de BlackBerry, de lo general a temas específicos y avanzados.

Para Cascades, tenemos los dos videos aquí hasta el momento, a pesar de que están en Inglés:

Usando Exportador Cascades: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Niu_ilcSNTw&feature=plcp

Creación de una lista simple: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B4efVErrvA&feature=plcp

En cuanto a traducción / transcripción, es algo que hemos discutido, pero no va a suceder de inmediato, a menos que consiga el contenido de vídeo de otras regiones ya está en español o alemán o mandarín, etc

Espero que la traducción estaba bien. :smileyhappy:

Melanie Baker
mebaker@blackberry.com
Please use plain text.