Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
mreed
My Device: ಠ_ಠ

Re: Dev-centric video channel: let us know what you want to see

A video of each sample app in GitHub would be nice.

Please use plain text.
Retired
melleb
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

An interesting idea... Though a LOT of videos. :smileyhappy:

Would require some discussion on how to keep them in sync as well. Something for us to chat about, in any case. Thanks for the input.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Melanie Baker
Community Manager, Developer Relations
mebaker@blackberry.com
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
smcveigh
My Device: developer
My Carrier: other

Hi Melanie,

I just watched your video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZxiEMZNCBk&Date=092112

It's great to see this project progressing and I look forward to hearing from other developers!

One thing I'd like to suggest for your future productions is that you pick up a lav mic or a shotgun mic when doing interviews.  it is very difficult to hear what your subjects are saying unless I turn up the playback volume, but if I do so, the interviewer's voice is way too loud.  If you have 2 microphones, then you can set the levels for both and have a nice even playback experience.  Alternately, if you don't have access to the mics and a location mixer, you can process the audio in post using most video editing software packages.  Applying an audio compressor filter to limit the dynamic range would probalby be all you need to do... alternately, you can just manually tweak the levels before rendering your final edit.

Cheers,

Sean

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
smcveigh
My Device: developer
My Carrier: other

This reminds me.. I need to work on manual gain controls for video recording on the BB10 devices!

This would allow for realtime adjustment of the levels while recording video so a "location recorder" app could actually do this stuff automatically and keep the gain consistent :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Retired
melleb
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

Yep, we've already picked up a couple of mics. Getting started we didn't have much to work with, but we wanted to at least get started. Things will get better as we go. :smileyhappy:

As for processing, what you hear is as good as it gets for the software I had to work with. Again, in the future hopefully things will be cleaner so none of that will be necessary.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Melanie Baker
Community Manager, Developer Relations
mebaker@blackberry.com
Please use plain text.
Developer
mreed
My Device: ಠ_ಠ

[ Edited ]

All previous devcon and bb jam session videos.

Please use plain text.