Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
PJDavis1970
My Device: Z10, Q10, Z10 Alpha
My Carrier: None

Development Issues

Hi,

I am currently developing on a Windows based PC using the BB10 development SDk in Eclipse and using the BB10 Simulator running in VMWare Player.

The problem I am having is that every couple of builds I am getting : Error in final launch sequence 

Error in final launch sequence
  Cannot prepare and download the binary
    Terminate failed
      Terminate failed
      Terminate failed

This seems to be random.  longest I have been without it is about 7 builds but the shortest is 1.  The only way to get around it is to kill the simulator ( power down option ) and re run teh simulator.  If I suspend the error is still there.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a known issue due to early development environment?

Thanks

Paul

Please use plain text.
Developer
BGmot
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

Re: Development Issues

When it fails doesn't your app icon look dark on the simulator?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PJDavis1970

Re: Development Issues

The app icon in the simulator is actually semi transparent when the issue happens. I have also done some more testing and found that if I do not stop the debugging and just run the debug again this problem will happen 100% of the time. However if I stop the debugger and rerun the app it will happen maybe about 20% of the time.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
PJDavis1970

Re: Development Issues ; SOLVED

[ Edited ]

EDIT : thought I had found a solution but it wasnt.  Worked for about 20 minutes and then its gone again.

Losing patients with this.  Being paid to get a job done and been able to do next to nothing for 2 days.

Please use plain text.
Developer
BGmot
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

Looks like your app does not handle 'close' nicely.

If it semitransparent it means it is still running.

Expand your target in Target Navigator, find the process and right click -> Deliver Signal. SIGTERM should kill it. After that you should be able to start debugging again.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PJDavis1970

Yup think you are right. I even tested with one of the examples. I hit debug. while it was running I touched a source file and hit debug again and it went. I have found that I have to make sure I stop debugging.. Watch the simulator for the icon to come back to normal and then I can debug again.

Will use your method if I cause this issue again.

Thanks
Please use plain text.