Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
JCarty
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

Disable a TabbedPane sidebar. Possible?

Hello,

Is it possible to disable a TabbedPane sidebar?

I've tried listening to both the sidebarStateChanged and sidebarVisualStateChanged signals then attempting to set the state but that doesn't seem to work at all.

Are there any workarounds?

Thanks.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Disable a TabbedPane sidebar. Possible?

By disable, in this case you mean you want the tabs to still be there, but basically inaccessible to the user by tapping on the lower-left button? The tab menu would never pop out?

(Is this something you'd toggle on and off at various times, or you have something in mind where the menu never appears?)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
JCarty

[ Edited ]

Correct.

I'm using the tabs but do not want the left sidebar to show at all. If I can't, it means handling switching of each Page/Pane myself. Not hard, but more work nonetheless.

It shows during peek when 2+ screens deep.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

It sounds like you may be able to use the ability of TabbedPane to have a single active Pane, and no Tabs.

I haven't actually tried this mode of use, but it sounds close. Only one Tab means no Action Bar is displayed. You manually control which Pane is visible using activePane, and maintain the others "behind the scenes" (e.g. in attachedObjects).

You mention Peek but I can't tell if you mean you want it or don't want it.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
JCarty

Didn't think about that. Going to give it a shot and let you know. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Developer
JCarty

Worked. Thanks!

Please use plain text.