Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Playbook 64GB, Curve 9360, BB Z10 LE
Accepted Solution

Disable swipe down menu

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way to disable a swipe down menu. The reason I want it disabled is because I have implemented my about and help page as pages instead of sheets, so within those pages the menu should not be visible. (Otherwise users can infinitely open the pages and eventually cause a crash). Note that my menu is entirely implemented in QML. Any tips?

Thanks,

Gerry

Developer
Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha

Re: Disable swipe down menu

you can disable the menu item when it is triggered, and re-enable it when the page is popped.

use 'enabled' property of an ActionItem to enable/disable the menu item.

or you could easily convert your Pages to Sheets...it's just wrapping them in Sheet {} ;-)

if you meant that you created your own version of the menu, you could completely disabled it with the following code:

Application::instance()->setMenuEnabled(false);

Developer
My Device: Playbook 64GB, Curve 9360, BB Z10 LE

Thanks for the tip. I didn't realize the action items could be disabled and was trying to disable the entire menu! This solved my issue. Yes, I know how to make the pages into sheets, but I dislike sheets in this situation. That's my opinion of course.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Actually you can control the whole menu. Just use https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/reference/bb__cascades__application.html#menuenabled

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor
My Device: Playbook

If you're using QML, add this on the root QML file:

onCreationCompleted: {
Application.menuEnabled = false
}