Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
testinz
My Device: Blackberry 10

Display 2 list views in a page problem (display one and then another)

I have 2 list views on the page. Each with around 20 items.

I would like to be able to scroll through all of the items in first list view first, before showing the second list views. This is similar to Blackberry OS 6 - which allow display items one by one instead of evening out the space.

Somehow Blackberry 10 split the 2 list views and headers so you will see all on the screen insteads of showing all items in the first list view then let user scrolls to second list view.

Could you please help? Thanks!

----------------

Code structure:

Header {

title: "First list"

}

ListView { id: listView1 ...}

Header {

title: "Second list"

}

ListView { id: listView2 ...}

Developer
testinz

Re: Display 2 list views in a page problem (display one and then another)

Sorry for trying to pump it. Just wondering if anyone tried 2 list views and able to get around this issue?

Thanks!
Developer
Cozz
My Device: Torch

I've had the same issue before. I tried populating the second list by the selection of the first list. I was never able to get it error free on my machine yet working fine on the alpha device.

Do a search for "populating" from a thread I started several months back. There's a  sample app of it working from danielrr5. Hopefully it helps you out.

Updated my pin
Developer
testinz

Hi Cozz,

I am able to populate without a problem. The problem is the screen automatically divides space between the two lists without listing all items of the list first before letting user scroll to second list.