Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
mkristell
My Device: Not Specified

Does QSslSocket work on Playbook?

Has anyone had any luck with QSslSocket?

I downloaded the Windows installer Beta from here: http://openbbnews.wordpress.com/2012/03/29/qt-update-2/ and tried to run my app but I get various ssl errors when trying to setup a TLS connection. Was just curious if anyone else had a similar experience. The connection is setup ok from the Qt simulator, but not from my Playbook.

The errors I see are:

The root CA certificate is not trusted for this purpose

The issuer certificate of a locally looked up certificate could not be found

SocketError 13

Please use plain text.
Developer
jheron
My Device: playbook

Re: Does QSslSocket work on Playbook?

This could be due to a regression in Qt4.8.1, I saw there was a commit for a QsslSocket regression just the other day for 4.8.1 (http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt/commits/4.8) it was commited last Friday.

I know nothing about this class so I am not sure if that helps or not! :smileywink: If so just downlod and build the latest libs from there and give it a try.

Cheers,

Jon

Please use plain text.
Developer
BikeAtor
My Device: Playbook

Did you include the ssl-libs to your bar-file?

I have no access to the dev-system at the moment, but you should find the answer with a search engine in the internet. As I remember the problem is not playbook-specific.

You should also start with a URL Firefox doesn't complain about the certificate.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mkristell
My Device: Not Specified

I see the same incorrect peer-verify errors with the Qt libraries pre-installed on the Dev Alpha. I also see this incorrect  verify error: 

The root certificate of the certificate chain is self-signed, and untrusted

But on the Dev Alpha QSslSocket can still be used (with warnings) when the setting setPeerVerifyMode(QSslSocket::VerifyNone) is used, so there is a slight improvement.

Please use plain text.