Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB

Does the latest NDK 10.0.09 works under linux (ubuntu) ?

Does the latest NDK 10.09 works under linux (ubuntu) ?

Developer
My Device: bb10 alpha

Re: Does the latest NDK 10.0.09 works under linux (ubuntu) ?

[ Edited ]

"QML preview functionality is not working on Linux, and only works on Windows and Mac OS at the moment. Linux users can deploy their applications to a device or simulator to test the look of their QML components."

Unfortunally, I think you always have the missing feature..... It's a shame RIM do not care about linux... All good developpers come from there, particullary Qt developers ...

So, I am waiting for the beta4, hoping qml viewer will works... 

a lover of Qt
New Contributor
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha

Re: Does the latest NDK 10.0.09 works under linux (ubuntu) ?

This issue is still not working even with the Golden NDK !!!

i realy can not understand why RIM do not care about Linux !!!!

may be they do not know that the QML viewr is by default with the Qt libs in linux ?!!

Please RIM team fix it or this is not fair to give windows and mac users all the functions 

Regular Contributor
My Device: non-Blackberry user

Re: Does the latest NDK 10.0.09 works under linux (ubuntu) ? (linux uses are people too)

Just wnat to chime in that I am partial to Linux development.  So please Rim make Linux a irst class citizen

Developer
My Device: bb10 alpha

Re: Does the latest NDK 10.0.09 works under linux (ubuntu) ? (linux uses are people too)

The irony is that blackberry is based on Unix ( Qnx) and Qt was born on linux ... 

a lover of Qt