Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: ZaXeR

Draw shapes using QML

Hello, i want to draw some kinds of shapes like circles or rectangles using qml, but i don't know how can i do that.

Thanks

Developer
My Device: Red Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Draw shapes using QML

[ Edited ]

you wont be able to draw anything using qml however you can use nineslice with a rounded image to produce 'rounded' containers.... it's touchy though.

similar post

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/Rounded-border-for-imageview/td-p/2181833

alternatively you can use HTML5 (webview) or C++ 

one of the many various C++ methods

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development-Knowledge/Using-QImage-and-QPainter-to-Pre...

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

For something more sophisicated you can also use one of the many graphics libraries around such as opengl, etc....

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/cascades/graphics_multimedia/embedded_graphics/

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hi.

I'm currently finishing off a sample app built with the latest version of my Cascades OpenGL framework, first included in GoodCitizenCascades, and the latest version of the framework will include a custom view with a simple 2D graphics API to provide developers with a simple way to include 2D graphics in their apps.  I will try to include a custom control for the view to provide developers with some slots that they can call to render to the view from QML.  It might not be in the initial sample but if there is interest from the community, I will definitely prioritize it for a follow-up sample.  I will do my best to get that interface in place for the initial release.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Sounds good.

On a different subject I haven't heard from you for a while about fixing peek on UI elements that have a left to right movement, anything going on on that?

No movement on JIRA either.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.

We switched to a new tracking system internally and the external system issues previously escalated became disconnected.  According to the corresponding issue on the new system, the issue was closed as the problem is gone on 10.2.  If you try the latest SDK release posted for 10.2, it should be fixed.  I will close the external issue now.

Developer
My Device: Red Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

does this mean we should comment on open tickets to bring them back to life?

If it seems to be stuck in the same status for a while, feel free to add a comment. The assignee receives an e-mail whenever a comment is added. Sometimes, we just get busy and forget to check on older tickets that were escalated. Escalation to the internal ticket system is expected to be working again soon so newer issues should stay in sync after escalation going forward.