If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
phofman
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: N/A

DropDown on TitleBar

Hello,

Is there any possibility to create an UI similar to BlackBerry Hub application?

I with to have a clickable TitleBar with a DropDown emulation, where I could put my own controls. Currently I haven't found any suitable solutions. The closest one is just using a regular DropDown controls, but this one can't be branded unfortunatelly.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
lewellyn
My Device: PlayBook, Bold 9650, Dev Alpha A
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: DropDown on TitleBar

As of this moment, I do not believe most of us have BlackBerry Hub. This makes it really hard for us to answer the actual question, aside from "you probably want to look into custom controls."

Is there a helpful or useful post in this thread? Click the thumbs up on it so that other people can find it more easily!
Like this post too! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
itsaboutcode
My Device: aa
My Carrier: aa

[ Edited ]

phofman I blieve you are talking about the Titlebar like in Calendear application?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
phofman

itsaboutcode - yes, that is exactly the control I would like to add to my application.

Any idea, how I could achieve it?

The regular TitleBar doesn't support drop-down kind, only segmented. At the same time I am pretty sure, it's impossible to override drawing of DropDown control to make it look like that.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
itsaboutcode
My Device: aa
My Carrier: aa

phofman

I have no idea how it will be done, though I will love to know that.

Please use plain text.
Developer
lewellyn
My Device: PlayBook, Bold 9650, Dev Alpha A
My Carrier: Sprint

[ Edited ]

You would need a custom control. As you can guess, that particular control would be very hard to genericize enough to be useful to more than a small minority of developers.

So, they gave us a way to write our own custom components! :smileyhappy: https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/ui/custom_components/index.html is a good starting place to read up on them.

While not the control you're looking for, the Speed Writer sample on Github shows how custom controls work.

Is there a helpful or useful post in this thread? Click the thumbs up on it so that other people can find it more easily!
Like this post too! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
phofman

Yes, looks like developing a custom control is the only way to go and wait until RIM provides own.

Please use plain text.