Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
ingeniumed
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Wifi Version

Dropbox in cascades

Hi,

I am curious as to how dropbox integration would be done in cascades? I have seen a number of applications integrating various cloud services. Since there isn't an official api for bb10 but just a REST api, I have no clue how to proceed. If someone could shed light on this matter, that would be really appreciated. Currently I am thinking a webview would have to be used somehow for this but not too sure of this. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Dropbox in cascades

To interact with Dropbox, use their REST API with OAuth. You may also be able to use a Qt DropBox library as long as it doens't have any visual components. A WebView is only used during the authorization phase, if at all.

Alternatively, you'll probably be able to use the Invoke Framework or another system mechanism to access the built-in DropBox connector, though neither confirmation nor details of this have been published yet.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ingeniumed

Hmm, but where the utilisation of REST API with OAuth go though? Would it go in the c++/c side or the QML side? This is the part that's been confusing me. Thanks for the help btw!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

It would probably be in a thread in C++ using cURL. Or one of the Qt Dropbox libs.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ingeniumed

Perfect that does make sense. I have found a oauth library in the blackberry github designed specifically for bb10 so hoping I can use that here. Thanks for the help!

Please use plain text.