Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Reply
Developer
nemoryoliver
Posts: 97
Registered: ‎11-13-2012
My Device: BB10 Simulator

[ERROR] Launch failed no binaries - help please

When running a project it gives me this error. I am so new to the development for BB10. Please help to those who know the solution. Thank you.
Developer
oliver_kranz
Posts: 216
Registered: ‎09-18-2009
My Device: Z10

Re: [ERROR] Launch failed no binaries - help please

Build the project.

 

Right click on the project > Build project

New Developer
plungeint
Posts: 51
Registered: ‎03-10-2012
My Device: PlayBook

Re: [ERROR] Launch failed no binaries - help please

hi, I have the same problem. I built the project for device-debug. I don't have any error in the "problems" list, but I always get this error. Any idea why is this happening? 

 

Thanks

Developer
oliver_kranz
Posts: 216
Registered: ‎09-18-2009
My Device: Z10

Re: [ERROR] Launch failed no binaries - help please

Try to clean the project. Right click on the project > Clean project. Then build the project again without loading it to the device. When the build is finished then you can load it to the device.

Developer
BGmot
Posts: 1,068
Registered: ‎11-24-2011
My Device: PlayBook

Re: [ERROR] Launch failed no binaries - help please

Post console output here (output when you are building your project).

Developer
hendrik
Posts: 63
Registered: ‎09-10-2009
My Device: Z10, Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: [ERROR] Launch failed no binaries - help please

I experienced the same problem when trying to run our app on the simulator.

 

I discovered the cause in the bar-descriptor.xml file. For some reason the Simulator-Debug configuration pointed to a wrong asset path:

 

<asset path="arm/o.le-v7-g/myappname" entry="true" type="Qnx/Elf">myappname</asset>

 

 instead of the correct path for the simulator binaries:

<asset path="x86/o-g/myappname" entry="true" type="Qnx/Elf">myappname</asset>

 

So when trying to run the app on the simulator the IDE didn't find the binaries in the specified path. After I corrected the path it immediately worked.

 

So maybe it's worth checking the path in which the binary files are located on your computer and if it is correctly specified in the bar-descriptor.xml. In case of device-debug, you should of course check the Device-Debug configuration.

 

In that case the path should probably look similar to the first one I mentioned above:

 

<asset path="arm/o.le-v7-g/myappname" entry="true" type="Qnx/Elf">myappname</asset>

 

----

My Twitter: @hendrik_dev