Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
sharath_moblie
My Device: BB 10
My Carrier: BB 10

English and Arabic Language Switching in Single BB 10 Cascades

I have developed a BB 10 Application where I need to provide English and Arabic Language Switching.Now App is working good in English,when the user selects Arabic Language,Total Application is need to be converted into Arabic Language. My App Contains more than 18 Qmls. each Qml has more than 10 containers.

If it is English, we provide containers Orientation from LeftToRight,If it is Arabic RightToLeft and Label Alignments etc.I have tried to change the Orientation based on User Selection.But I think, it is not a good method to do so.

now my App should switch b/w English and Arabic Languages.What is the best way to do it?

Guide me, Thanks !!!

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

Re: English and Arabic Language Switching in Single BB 10 Cascades

I would create a seperate qml sub folder for each language and then append the correct language path on the switch.

Have you checked out dynamic loading? This would seem to be ideal for your problem...

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/cascades/best_practices/dynamic_qml/

Using a control delegate you would be able to load the appropriate languages page while still maintaining the higher navigation pages and probably the majority of your UI structure in a single page at the top level.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
sharath_moblie

I am new to BB 10 App development, can you please post one example (hello world) that switching between English and arablc...
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

Sorry I don't have the time to write sample code I am working on my own apps at the same time as answering questions.

Many of the samples use dynamic qml and I suggest spending time downloading some of those and understanding how they work would be time well spent.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
sharath_moblie

K thanks for your Reply, however I get the way
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
sabdelsayed
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 and Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Hi sharath_mobile, for a webcast that touches upon the topic of internationalization, please visit the following link at timestamp 40:45: https://cgs.adobeconnect.com/_a829239487/p3qdsn8q539/?launcher=false&fcsContent=true&pbMode=normal

@SamarAbdelsayed

Did this answer your question? Please accept post as solution.
Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Found a bug? Report it using the Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.