Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
farber72
My Device: Z30

Error: Code signing request failed because Common Name/Package-Author [BlackBerry] is not allowed

Hello fellow developers,

I have installed Momentics IDE 2.1 beta for 64-bit Windows to try out BlackBerry 10 examples on a Z30 (with device passwort set to 0000 and Development Mode enabled).

In the USB connection dialog I have entered the word "BlackBerry" as Author.

Now I always get the following error dialog displayed and I don't know how to create a new Debug Token:

dialog

I click the "Create..." button in the above dialog - and after some time the dialog comes up again.

I have reinstalled Momentics IDE and restarted my PC.

I have searched the AppData\Local\Research In Motion\ directory for *.bar files and have also removed that directory completely:

directory

This all doesn't help and I am stuck. Please advise what to do here and where is the wrong Debug Token (or CSR file?) being stored?

Thanks

Alex

Developer
anditsung
My Device: Z10, Onyx2

Re: Error: Code signing request failed because Common Name/Package-Author [BlackBerry] is not allowed

Check the preference. You can create the token online using blackberry id

New Developer
farber72

Re: Error: Code signing request failed because Common Name/Package-Author [BlackBerry] is not allowed

I've tried Preferances too, but get the same error as above

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

This error refers to your developer certificate, not debug token.  BlackBerry is being used in the company name of your developer certificate.  To update that click on Window, Preferences, BlackBerry Signing and create a new developer certificate with a different company name.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
farber72

Unfortunately, this does not work. The error message is listed in the original question.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

Did you do as Mark suggested and create a new token with your own company/name?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.