Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: DontKnow

Error code 30242 when buying a digital good

Hi,

Whenever I try to purchase a digital good in my application, I get messagebox with an error (error code 30242). From the WebWorks forums (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/Payment-API-PlayBook-quot-There-...), it looks like this error code is returned when:

1. The digital good doesn't belong to the app that is trying to buy it (not sure how this would happen, but if it's a real possibility, how is the digital good matched to the app? via the blackberry-tablet.xml? or via purchase_params_t's purchase_app_name member? I don't think it's the latter because the documentation says that member is optional.)

2. The app wasn't installed through AppWorld. This is not the case because I have installed the app through AppWorld.

A little extra info:

-When trying to purchase, I get a prompt that allows me to log in using my blackberry ID. I can log in successfully.

-After logging in, I see a box that shows some info about the digital good, including its price. So it looks like the digital good is matched correctly (using its ID). I see the "Buy Now" button.

-After pressing the "Buy Now" button, I see a "Processing..." message... it eventually shows a message box with an error (and error code 30242).

Any help is appreciated :smileyhappy:

Contributor

Re: Error code 30242 when buying a digital good

I've logged this in the issue tracker. IMO the issue is that there is little or no documentation on these error codes.

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/DOC-50

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

May be paymentservice_event_get_error_text() could help you here...

Contributor

Hi BGmot,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, all I get from paymentservice_event_get_error_text() is:

"There were problems completing this purchase. Please try again. {30242}"

So I'm still relying on actual documentation to find out what this error is, what causes it, and how to fix it.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hello pbcoder,

To verify Scenario 1, could you please log into your App World Vendor account here:

https://appworld.blackberry.com/isvportal

Once logged in, select Manage Products from the left-hand menu. Under the products list, you should be able to find the application that you installed via App World (i.e. the application you are testing.) On the same row, in the Goods column (i.e. 2nd last row), there should be either the value None (indicating no associated virtual goods) or some number (indicating the number of virtual goods for that app.)

If there are virtual goods, you should also see a blue magnifying glass in the same cell; please click that magnifying glass to bring up a list of virtual goods and verify that the name/SKU are the same as what you are attempting to purchase within your application. Can you please also verify the status of the virtual good in question?

As you indicated that you intalled via App World, we can rule out Scenario 2. The above should help us rule out Scenario 1 and, if that is the case, I'll re-engage our Payment teams to see if they have any additional insight.

Erik Oros

BlackBerry Development Advisor

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Contributor

Hi oros,

Thanks for your answer. I can confirm that the product/application in question does have a list of goods in the Goods section. The status for all those goods is "Pending Review". Is this the problem? If so, what should the status be for purchasing to work correctly?

As for "...verify that the name/SKU are the same as what you are attempting to purchase...", why should these be the same? The documentation for paymentservice.h (https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/native/reference/com.qnx.doc.bps.lib_ref/com.qnx.doc.bps.lib_ref...) says:

"When calling the purchase function, only the ID or SKU of the digital good to be purchased is required; it is not necessary to provide both, and all other arguments are optional. If both the ID and SKU are provided, then the ID takes precedence. The SKU is used only if the digital good could not be located on the Payment Service server based on the ID."

I'm using the ID to match the item. So according to that paragraph, everything else is optional. Unless the documentation is wrong, then if that's the case, please let me know the correct way to call the purchase function.

Contributor

Quick update...

my mistake... the items have the "Draft" status.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hello pbcoder,

Apologies, I was thinking ID but wrote name. If you are using the ID, then that will suffice, I just wanted to check that both matched as I wasn't sure which you were using.

Draft status should also be okay.

Would you be okay with PM'ing me sandbox credentials along with the application/good IDs being tested? I'd like to see if I can reproduce this and if so, I can send the logs to our Payment Service team for a closer look. If you would rather conduct the tests yourself, I can give you a list of the information they would need.

Erik Oros

BlackBerry Development Advisor

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

PBCoder - did you ever resolve this? I am having the same issue with error 30242.  Thanks. 

Jim

New Contributor
My Device: 9860, PlayBook

I filed an issue with the same problem 2 weeks ago. I've submitted the code I am using, as requested by RIM, and was told by reply that my code appears correct. But there is no further resolution coming. Another user, jtegen, said 2 weeks ago that he has been having the same problem for "weeks" with no response at all from RIM.

RIM's developer relations are, they claim, about helping developers achieve their revenue stream.

This outstanding issue, with no apparent end in (my) sight, is affecting that revenue stream.