Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

My Device: 10
My Carrier: MTS

Error downloading due to export restrictions.

Hi guys,

Recently, I was asked by different people on facebook to bring my Android app to BlackBerry10. I though it is a good idea, but when I tried to download simulators and other stuff I got the following error:

Error downloading due to export restrictions.

It's strange, why do you restrict developers from Belarus?

Is it any chance to lift down the restriction? (There are a lot of smart people and great software companies in Belarus)

Unfortunately, for now, I will have to tell those people on facebook who contacted me that BlackBerry doesn't allow me to bring my cool app :smileyhappy: because I'm from Belarus...

Thanks,

Gregory

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry RED Z10
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Error downloading due to export restrictions.

Same issue here http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/Error-downloading-due-to-export-restrictio...

It's really blocked in your country. I suggest you use a VPN to download

Developer
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Error downloading due to export restrictions.

I don't know about anyone else here, but I'm a little uncomfortable with the idea of recommending ways to circumvent the export laws of any country in this forum. BlackBerry doesn't block any country on a whim, they do it in response to legal restrictions imposed upon them. Moderators might not take kindly to your suggestion and block or delete your account for violation of forum terms and conditions.

My guess is that countries like Belarus are blocked due to sophistcated encryption technologies used in BlackBerry 10, which are legally treated as munitions (I'm not making this up). I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the OP using a VPN in this case, just that maybe recommending someone break laws and BlackBerry's rules may not be wise in a BlackBerry owned forum.

nemory wrote:

Same issue here http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/Error-downloading-due-to-export-restrictio...

It's really blocked in your country. I suggest you use a VPN to download

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.  multiFEED Icon

Play nice: Clicking Like Button on posts that helped you not only encourages others to continue sharing their experience, but also improves your own rating on this board. Also, don't forget to accept a post if it solves your problem or answers your question.