Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
helex
My Device: Nokia N950 / BB Playbook
Accepted Solution

Error while uploading: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes System.exit calls not allowed!

[ Edited ]

Hello fellow sufferers! :Detective:

I'm trying to upload my first application to BB appworld. While trying to upload the *.bar file I get this error:

Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes System.exit calls not allowed!

What does this errormessage mean?

This is my MANIFEST.MF File:

Archive-Manifest-Version: 1.1
Archive-Created-By: BlackBerry Tablet OS Elf BAR Packager 1.3.1

Package-Type: application
Package-Author: -
Package-Name: de.helex.clipmanlite
Package-Version: 1.0.2.0
Package-Architecture: armle-v7
Package-Author-Certificate-Hash: _QCY8j3bSpt-67mhJLED-4xZooXxA7vZBMu2MbHI97SYlh5aoRxaHi44Ie-WMfh9-AGPG2YnwlW7X-AJ-A7xPQ
Package-Author-Id: gYAAgEPQ7F7MvQXnpyTXcW_b9KQ
Package-Id: gYABgFYDI7fyWoGVx88_tVwB_Ic
Package-Version-Id: gYACgHvOOTEXtanI-HRmZlA82u8

Application-Name: ClipManLite
Application-Description: Clipboard Manager
Application-Version: 1.0.2.0
Application-Requires-System: Tablet OS/1.0.7.0
Application-Id: gYADgFZI5L0DEfspLgVvaOJ8kK0
Application-Version-Id: gYAEgIravTIRSld3gfNygimA3qI

Entry-Point-Name: clipmanlite
Entry-Point: QML_IMPORT_PATH=app/native/imports QT_PLUGIN_PATH=app/native/plugins LD_LIBRARY_PATH=app/native/lib app/native/clipmanlite -platform blackberry -platformpluginpath ./app/native/lib/platforms
Entry-Point-Type: Qnx/Elf
Entry-Point-Icon: native/icon.png
Entry-Point-Splash-Screen: native/splashscreen.png
Entry-Point-Orientation: auto
Entry-Point-System-Actions: run_native

Archive-Asset-Name: native/clipmanlite
Archive-Asset-SHA-512-Digest: EgIFzXisCdbgWHASq7sSPYjSDWRzzl77_hw-TYnopqUjV9JDbRORwzCruReZOG2iq3SQv-Yi50NcD7XPHqz_Jw
Archive-Asset-Type: Qnx/Elf

Archive-Asset-Name: native/icon.png
Archive-Asset-SHA-512-Digest: MFqIlfKgqTrhI3yZkGZyv0l1YUubJblUMc6mhcZuhJfktqX5x-NwfWL7m-McGoKUMjgCTbFBSW1e3voCcZoBGg

Archive-Asset-Name: native/splashscreen.png
Archive-Asset-SHA-512-Digest: CNzXgezPb8oKHCJ_4Zqk2_Fb1D6tkMVGEn3mhPQFRD7REdRG0ZnELLdu0gkM1pVvyObc0bH2ouv84_QwJ7kuLg

Archive-Asset-Name: native/lib/libQtCore.so.4
Archive-Asset-SHA-512-Digest: 9gnZ149YG3kPs8ZFbHoZ6kFrL5dj4yW40urXd-uZPDrif0zYMzI29TUsp794U4GBiQUXaKKlbZOWUqIZlEHI9A

Archive-Asset-Name: native/lib/libQtGui.so.4
Archive-Asset-SHA-512-Digest: EgYpcFf7xItFiqQ_PDm8FFVFu5vdbIrg4-h2d3sB-3FfPuAlnZasR_UQ45yNxzZoIwowtdaNVstIvVZXd7j1AA

Archive-Asset-Name: native/lib/libQtOpenGL.so.4
Archive-Asset-SHA-512-Digest: is9HkVzh6mFpVs0N7LkYCH1Aps3pt-Q20XHP37jLnLPnoME4kl3hl9sCkCU1XCm-PchfoX51GxjMS9wBkSuMgA

Archive-Asset-Name: native/lib/libQtNetwork.so.4
Archive-Asset-SHA-512-Digest: pP6tPwXFGmFQnYTuHn80aFV7xh8pG4y6wOWIIvGGlp4UXl570Gq5W3lbOuCGtCQKyPwPLc7bVOPuK3Ur8hf6SA

Archive-Asset-Name: native/lib/libQtDeclarative.so.4
Archive-Asset-SHA-512-Digest: W2wS_9_9Cqqqio2w6251fhFnxnQm4ZY2COFm5xQQVCQwcMCvly2KmGxVruZO2yc_WN65MGeEOvH4cAAt1rOznQ

Archive-Asset-Name: native/lib/libQtSql.so.4
Archive-Asset-SHA-512-Digest: 7H8cJrn5yhG3p4K3G4oYO8XWr_D_AZcLD5T9Zfn6mc8lUiyJ4o6mXouXmFC9imoMeUmq4KsTVM2AdhZStXA7gQ

Archive-Asset-Name: native/lib/libQtSvg.so.4
Archive-Asset-SHA-512-Digest: dJk9FYrRJGqPeaEG17LWTKC_ogV6Few2BzK4t-WlcXUg0MJxinKp5jigsCHzFm6SJiFJLHDj3jRS16bTV12qgQ

Archive-Asset-Name: native/lib/libQtScript.so.4
Archive-Asset-SHA-512-Digest: 809rAuYFWIOxeJuNJcL63URoMKXz6NKrmKOfZZWDjPUVqTJkxL7tBr_joHZR-EVY1mSJ8wBbh64iB6YdbqTmUg

Archive-Asset-Name: native/lib/libQtXmlPatterns.so.4
Archive-Asset-SHA-512-Digest: zVw6F43U2TKa3dbYosygRliRlhdNisb-sdBmzh6AgTyh9GlVCkLLBie781GpQLA-uOyKpDOoT5B6N8h4ulaCBw

Archive-Asset-Name: native/lib/platforms/libblackberry.so
Archive-Asset-SHA-512-Digest: uEdFgiXdWMo3MV5szE5vn2EcVXxubMZl4e71PT4z614ONV2ZqcFKzf6CFGzV9mwQGlWKm5Jrra71I2fzASnurw

Archive-Asset-Name: native/blackberry-tablet.xml
Archive-Asset-SHA-512-Digest: mzIshm0x0oBMW7T-SlYg5ywvgFSeeHSyx53kkvzaf--WQWDtkbxqqXDldjCQrvYv631_2Q6OCAiYOmZRoslsYg

Any Ideas what could cause this error?

I thought first this could be because of the same error: What to do if your Package ID has been rejected by BlackBerry App World

But creating a new Product Item doesn't help to solve this issue.

It is a native Qt qml application. It doesn't store any files, need for nothing write access and uses only simple, self created QtQuick 1.0 Components without any additions. So it should be the best portable application out of my small collection. :Winkiss:

Sadly I have no real device here since I have, like many of you, to submit one of my Tablet Applications to BB App World first to get one. :Whistling:

Google was not my friend on this topic, so I hope someone had already this kind of error message and could tell me what could cause it. Any kind of hints are welcome.

Best regards,

helex  (Qt Ambassador)

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: Error while uploading: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes System.exit calls not allowed!

[ Edited ]

Can you post a listing of the contents of your BAR file (use any ZIP compliant utility to open it)?  Feel free to sensor any sensitive file names.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
elena_laskavaia
My Device: PlayBook

Re: Error while uploading: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes System.exit calls not allowed!

Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes

error means bar file was modified after signing, the rest is probably bug in tooling you using to sign it (does not seems to be a standard sd tooling)

Please use plain text.
Developer
helex

[ Edited ]

This is the content of my *.bar file:

META-INF\AUTHOR.EC
META-INF\AUTHOR.SF
META-INF\MANIFEST.MF
META-INF\RDK.EC
META-INF\RDK.SF
native\blackberry-tablet.xml
native\clipmanlite
native\icon.png
native\splashscreen.png
native\lib\libQtCore.so.4
native\lib\libQtDeclarative.so.4
native\lib\libQtGui.so.4
native\lib\libQtNetwork.so.4
native\lib\libQtOpenGL.so.4
native\lib\libQtScript.so.4
native\lib\libQtSql.so.4
native\lib\libQtSvg.so.4
native\lib\libQtXmlPatterns.so.4
native\lib\platforms\libblackberry.so

I edited my MANIFEST.MF file BEFORE signing to set Application-Development-Mode: false (after building it is always true)

I sign the files using the blackberry-signer. I followed this guidline: http://wiki.qt-project.org/QNX 

Should I upload my *.bar file somewhere and post here the link to it? Or is this unsafe?

Would be really great to solve this issue finally. :smileywink:

EDIT:
Ah, and this guide to sign the .bar file: 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/How-to-sign-your-BAR-file-from-the-com...

Please use plain text.
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

[ Edited ]

You shouldn't need to hand edit the manifest file.  If you make a release build Application-Development-Mode will be set to false (and your binaries won't contain debug info).  To create a release bar right click on your project in the NDK, choose Export -> BlackBerry Tablet OS -> Release Build and follow the prompts.

This will take care of signing the bar file as well.

If you are packaging from the command line exclude the -devMode and -debugToken parameters and add -storepass following by your code signing key password.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jlntlanyl
My Device: BB

i'm also having the same issue, after trying to sign my app from eclipse, i get "this app has previously been signed error" then i first exported the apk, then use the apk2bar tool to get a bar file. try signing it again, it has and the "previously been signed" error still exist, after i used the kickver, it signed, BUT, now i'm getting this error... tried on 2 apps, same error....
Please use plain text.
Developer
helex

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your reply. I changed it in my command. So I have not to change anything in the bar file after creating it. I leave it completely untouched.

This is how I create the bar now:

blackberry-nativepackager -package clipmanlite.bar -storepass PASSWORD -arg -platform -arg blackberry -arg -platformpluginpath -arg ./app/native/lib/platforms blackberry-tablet.xml clipmanlite -e icon.png icon.png -e splashscreen.png splashscreen.png -e deploy/lib/libQtCore.so.4 lib/libQtCore.so.4 lib/libQtCore.so.4 -e deploy/lib/libQtGui.so.4 lib/libQtGui.so.4 -e deploy/lib/libQtOpenGL.so.4 lib/libQtOpenGL.so.4 -e deploy/lib/libQtNetwork.so.4 lib/libQtNetwork.so.4 -e deploy/lib/libQtDeclarative.so.4 lib/libQtDeclarative.so.4 -e deploy/lib/libQtSql.so.4 lib/libQtSql.so.4 -e deploy/lib/libQtSvg.so.4 lib/libQtSvg.so.4 -e deploy/lib/libQtScript.so.4 lib/libQtScript.so.4 -e deploy/lib/libQtXmlPatterns.so.4 lib/libQtXmlPatterns.so.4 -e deploy/plugins/platforms/libblackberry.so lib/platforms/libblackberry.so

And this how I sign it:

blackberry-signer -keystore author.p12 -storepass PASSWORD clipmanlite.bar author

blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass PASSWORD -keystore author.p12 -storepass PASSWORD clipmanlite.bar RDK

Sadly with the same result. The same error message.

I'm using Ubuntu 11.10. I will try it tomorrow at a Windows machine if the commands above are lookíng fine for you.

Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

FYI, a new simpler command can be used to sign in 1 step:

blackberry-signer -storepass <your_password> <bar_file>.bar

Both the P12 and RDK passwords would need to be the same, but this will apply both signatures at once. It should have the same results as the command you're running.

Regards,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
helex

gbeukeboom wrote:

FYI, a new simpler command can be used to sign in 1 step:

blackberry-signer -storepass <your_password> <bar_file>.bar

Both the P12 and RDK passwords would need to be the same, but this will apply both signatures at once. It should have the same results as the command you're running.

Aaah, this seems to have solved my issue. I was finally able to upload my signed bar file. :smileyvery-happy:

jlntlanyl, does it work using the simplified command now for you, too?

Now I only need to keep my fingers crossed. If it gets accepted I will get able to port more of my stuff to BlackBerry Tablet and later Phone. If not... well, no Applications from me for BB users. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jlntlanyl
My Device: BB

Please use plain text.