Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Error while uploading: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes System.exit calls not allowed!

Thanks for the suggestion! I have added that step to the KB, it should be updated shortly :smileyhappy:

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
codewarrior_777
My Device: BB 10 Simulator
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Error while uploading: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes System.exit calls not allowed!

I'm having the same issue trying upload my BAR file to AppWorld vendor. 

What if when I registered my CSJ keys, I provided a different password? My STOREPASS and CSK PASS are different.

I signed the BAR using this method:

./blackberry-signer -keystore <your P12 file> -storepass <your p12 file password> <BAR_file.bar> author

./blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass <your CSK password> -keystore <your P12 file> -storepass <your P12 file password> <BAR_file.bar> RDK

In the terminal, it showed that it was signed both times. 

Am I missing a step? By the way, I'm submitting the .BAR file in my build/device folder. This is a Phonegap App.

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

Could you verify that your app is fully signed?
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/How-to-verify-your-BAR-file-is-fully-s...
Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
codewarrior_777

I saw that. Unfortunately, that test failed. However, in Terminal on a Mac I received. That's what's confusing me:  

Info: Bar signed.

After signing with these two command lines:

./blackberry-signer -keystore <your P12 file> -storepass <your p12 file password> <BAR_file.bar> author

./blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass <your CSK password> -keystore <your P12 file> -storepass <your P12 file password> <BAR_file.bar> RDK

Am i signing the correct .BAR file?  i.e. in the build/device/BARFILENAME.bar  folder

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

From the article I sent, what files are missing from the BAR file?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
codewarrior_777

They are all there: 

• RDK.EC
  • RDK.SF
  • AUTHOR.EC
  • AUTHOR.SF
  • MANIFEST.MF 

I re-signed the bar and this time when I ran the command it was succesful! I'm going to try to upload again:

./blackberry-signer -verify <BAR_File>.bar
Please use plain text.
Contributor
codewarrior_777

Also, what is the .ZIP file that we are supposed to upload in the Vendor portal? 

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

That's mainly for the previous BlackBerry devices, you can just upload the BAR file.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
codewarrior_777

Awesome! It uploaded successfully this time!! 

Thanks a lot!

Please use plain text.