Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry
My Carrier: None

Errors with Blackberry 10 Native SDK

I'm new to BB and I've recently downloaded de Blackberry 10 Native SDK for Windows in order to start developing my first app for BB.

There ara a couple of issues I've found:

1. When I launch the IDE I get the following error message:

"There is an error in the QNX configuration settings. Either de QNX_CONFIGURATION environment variable is not defined correctly or the location it points to is not accesible. Exit the IDE and fix the error?"

I guess the solution is as easy as setting the indicated environment variable to the correct path. But i don't know the path it must point to. Does anybody know?

(There's already a similar issue posted about the same error in Mac OS, but I'm afraid nobody will answer as long as it is mark as resolved already)

2. In the documantation web, it is explicitly said that I must configure my IDE clicking in Window->Preferences and then select Blackberry in order to click on  BlackBerry Deployment Setup Wizard. The truth is in Window->Preferences I've got no Blackberry option, thus, I cannot launch the Wizard.

Has anyone got some good advices in order to help me?

Thanks in advance

Developer
My Device: ಠ_ಠ

Re: Errors with Blackberry 10 Native SDK

[ Edited ]

Its because they keep settings for the QDE under "~/Library/Research\ In\ Motion/BlackBerry\ Native\ SDK/". If you can't change the SDK setting through the QDE preferences, you can either try to find and edit what you need under that directory, or just delete the directory and reinstall. I think I just deleted the directory and reinstalled because I got fed up with it.

For Windows it might be under "Program Files/Research In Motion"... not sure.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry
My Carrier: None

Thanx!

I will not be in front of my computer until this evening, but I'll try it tonight and give feedback here for those who may find the same error Smiley Wink

Visitor
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Fido

Try running the IDE as administrator.