Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Banglalink
Accepted Solution

Export Release Build for Cascade

For release build in BB10 I know we have to follow this instructions-

Right click on Project > Export > Rlease Build > [Then do the rest of the things]

But my concern with a little checkbox here in Export Release build named "Build before export". By default it's checked. What is the purpose of this checkbox???

Thanks.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Export Release Build for Cascade

Exactly what it sounds like. Checking this box with make Momentics do a compile of any modules in your application that are not up to date with all your changes before the export is performed. Unchecking this box will allow Momentics to do the build with the most recently compiled modules, even if the source for some of them are newer than the compiled version.

Normally, you would want to leave this checked.

sreejond wrote:

For release build in BB10 I know we have to follow this instructions-

Right click on Project > Export > Rlease Build > [Then do the rest of the things]

But my concern with a little checkbox here in Export Release build named "Build before export". By default it's checked. What is the purpose of this checkbox???

Thanks.

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.  multiFEED Icon

Play nice: Clicking Like Button on posts that helped you not only encourages others to continue sharing their experience, but also improves your own rating on this board. Also, don't forget to accept a post if it solves your problem or answers your question.