Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
Q_Layer
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

Exporting App with Project References

Hello, i have researched a lot about this, and i still can't find a solution, i hope somebody knows how to do this.

Im Exporting my App to make the Release .bar file, its written in C++ and it works great in debug, however it has a Project Reference to Another project within my workspace, so when i try to make de release build, i get  :

Packaging failed:1
Error: Invalid asset path "Device-Release/XXXX"

And it marks "No such file or Directory" on the header files that belong to the other project...

Ive tried adding this files in the Package Content, but it isnt working...

I would like to know how can you make a release build that contains also the other project files, i thought if they were linked together, the wizard would fix automatically but i think thats not the case :smileysad:

I really hope somebody can help me out!!

Thanks for reading!

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: Exporting App with Project References

Make sure you added the files from the dependent project in the bar-descriptor.xml file.  Click on the Assets tab when editing the bar-descriptor.xml.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Contributor
Q_Layer
My Device: Playbook

Re: Exporting App with Project References

Hello, im sorry for the late Reply, it seems i was including incorrectly my external library, i recompiled it, and added the *.a in my project, i have some issues after that because it asked me to compile the project with -fPIC for the external library, after some research i went to:

Project Properties--> C/C++ Build-->Settings-->QCCLinker-->Output Control 

and disabled Position Independent Executable (-pie)

As you mentioned, i also checked the BAR Descriptor to see if my *.so files were included correctly in it

After that the project could get exported perfectly with the external library

Thanks for the support!