Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
SuhairZain
My Device: Dev Alpha B
Accepted Solution

FM tuner in BB10 devices

Hi, does any BB10 device come with a built in FM antenna or atleast a FM circuit?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
Kareem_ELSayed
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: FM tuner in BB10 devices

Hi SuhairZain,

I believe Z10 comes with Texas Instruments chip WL1273L Wireless Module (802.11a/b/g/n, WLAN, Bluetooth, and FM)

Thanks,
Kareem.
Kareem ELSayed | Application Development Consultant | Developer Relations | BlackBerry | Twitter:@kemobyte
Developer
SuhairZain

well, it seems there is a fm module on board the handset, but i couldn't find any reference to an api that would let us access it. thanks for the reply man.. :smileyhappy:

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

SuhairZain, you're correct about that, and without an API there's no way to get to the chip, so we're out of luck for now. Nothing to do but wait...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
slashkyle
My Device: Red Z10

If anyone interested in getting an api for this were to file a feature request it may speed up the process

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

something that would definately be useful to have, especially since the hardware for it's already there

Developer
SuhairZain

well guys, it won't work.. they dismissed the request stating that there's no FM module onboard Z10.