Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Blackberry

Facebook account setting up on bb 10

I have read in invocation framework tutorial that "All the invocation attributes related to the Facebook app require a Facebook account to be setup on the device".Is this means that we have to install facebook for bb 10 on the device and then only we can integrate facebook .I want to post on facebook wall from my app in bb 10 is this possible only if I logged into FB using facebook app for bb 10 installed in my device.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Facebook account setting up on bb 10

Correct. How else would Facebook know which user's wall to post to?

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Developer

[ Edited ]

I agree with that point.But my doubt is :Is it possible if user logs to FB using browser? Is it is required that the user should install FB app for BB 10 in the device and login via that?

I tried a sample :   http://blackberry.github.io/Cascades-Samples/socialinvocation.html

While trying with this sample I have logged in to FB using browser in my device, its not working for FB(while i try to change status nothing happens) .can u please go through this example 

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

The browser is a generic app. It knows nothing about any specific site you log in to, including Facebook. If you want to use the Invocation Framework, you'll need to set up the account on the device, not just log in via the browser.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Developer

Iam developing an app which can is having a facebook like button.By using invocation framework is there a way to check if the user have already logged in to FB?is he is not logged in is there any way to show the loggin page at that time?

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: BSNL INDIA

I think that the best way for you to accomplish this would be to use a WebView since I don't think that there is a way by which you can like a page using invocation. You can refer to this post:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/Facebook-API/m-p/2361703