Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
ejup2009
My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

Failure to run the application in the new OS ALPHA DEv with BETA 3

Good Afternoon, I am having problems when I run my application with the new BETA 3. Modify construcion errors R6 to R9. Built the application and I'm trying to run it on my device but DEV ALPHA, Install the application and begins to open this but then it closes.

In the console I see this error:

PVR: (Warning): initContext: ignoring buffer type CBUF_TYPE_PDS_VERT_SECONDARY_PREGEN_BUFFER [778 / eglglue.c]

And the "bar-descriptor.xml" appears "Element 'action` is deprecated. Use permission instead "

IMG_00000054.jpg

Who can help me?

Thank you!

Enviado de mi BlackBerry Bold 9900

Ejup2009_Dev
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Failure to run the application in the new OS ALPHA DEv with BETA 3

I don't believe either of those things is the cause of your problem. The one is a warning, not an error, and you can likely ignore it. The other is actually basically a warning as well, but really just advice to convert your <action> items to <permission> items... but the <action> stuff still works just fine for now so it's not the source of the problem either.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
d3v3l0p3r
My Device: Q5, Q10, Z10, Z30, PlayBook
My Carrier: Carrier

Re: Failure to run the application in the new OS ALPHA DEv with BETA 3

I had the same problem with my Beta 2 app when I upgraded to Beta 3. The problem was with some QML tags being removed from the new SDK. The new beta 3 no longer displays console log from the device in the IDE so essentially you cannot tell where the QML breaks.

What you can do ssh to the device from IDE using the instructions found this thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Cascades-Development/Unresolved-symbol-errors-when-attempting...

and then you will be able to see which QML tag blows up the app and hopefully correct it.

Hope this helps.

---
If you find my post helpful please "like" it and "accept as a solution"
Please use plain text.