Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
moschap
My Device: PlayBook and Bold 9700
My Carrier: Airtel
Accepted Solution

Failure to setup z10 setup for Momentics + Linux PC

[ Edited ]

Good day All,

I have been trying to connect my z10 to Momentics, currently using wifi the IDE can detect the device and then the next screen that it is supposed to go to RIM for the .csk it skips that as i already downloaded a bbidtoken.csk file to my ~/.rim directory. My issue is now in the next stage where the IDE wants to create a debug token and requests for a password - secure storage password, i have tried all the passwords that i have ever used on my PC none works including my device password and still nothing. I noticed that if i put my PC root password it will now change the prompt to enter p.12 certificate password, which i still dont know what it is asking for.

Please i would be glad if anyone can point me in the right direction or at least how to go about getting the debug token loaded as that is the only thing i think is remaining.

Details :

+ Linux - Fedora 14

+ NDK 10.2

+ Latest Momentics

+ Connection method to device from IDE - WIFI

+ Yes developer mode is set to ON

Screenshot-2.png

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
robbieDubya
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Failure to setup z10 setup for Momentics + Linux PC

Hi,

You could try deleting your secure storage...

Go Window | Preferences, type secure in the search box, Secure Storage | Contents | Delete

maybe make a backup of the file (given on the screen) before that... :smileywink:

Thanks.

--
Rob is no longer associated with BlackBerry.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
moschap
My Device: PlayBook and Bold 9700
My Carrier: Airtel

Robbie,

Thanks * 1000.

It works but not exactly as you directed. I went to the secure storage screen on the IDE and then saw that i could change the password which i did. Afterwards if i tried to connect the device to the IDE it accepts the new password but failed at password for *.csk. Then i realized that i didnt have internet connection on my PC. I sorted this and the thing worked. I also said something about not being able to run profiler on the device that it needs to download something from the network and that was all.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
robbieDubya
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Great! Glad things are working now!

--
Rob is no longer associated with BlackBerry.
Please use plain text.