Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
Developer
tej
My Device: 8760
Accepted Solution

Fast Forwarding video its throwing exception An error has occurred attempting to play media.

My problem is if i am fast forwarding video its throwing exception An error has occurred attempting to play media.

CODE

public MyScreen()
      {   
    try {
         setTitle("MyTitle");

Invocation invocation = new Invocation("http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17458564/Nueva%20carpeta/Video/lovingyou.mp4;interface=wifi"); 
        // Get the Registry object using the class name of the application      
        Registry _registry=Registry.getRegistry(Application.getApplication().getClass().getName()); 
        //Invoke the content handler.
        _registry.invoke(invocation);
    } catch (IOException e){ 
    }
}
Any solution will be appreciated
Thanks

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
s_rashid
My Device: Bold

Re: Fast Forwarding video its throwing exception An error has occurred attempting to play media.

Hi @tej,

I'm assuming that you actually see the core MediaPlayer card app transitioning when you do this invocation. But if that's the case, are you just referring to a *seek ahead* operation from the progress bar? (i.e. slider UI component). Because the only way you can actually achieve a *fast forward* operation is by increasing the playback speek, through the Cascades MediaPlayer API or mm-renderer C API; from the MediaPlayer card's documentation link above, there is no way to specify the fast forwarding.

Now, assuming your *seek* operationg is failing, this might even be as to how Dropbox is expecting or allowing HTTP calls. A few things to consider (the URL you pasted isn't accessible to me, at least from my work network here):

1) Does the same video file work with seeking when you already have it downloaded to your phone (i.e. pointing to a local file path instead)?

2) Does the same Dropbox URL work perfectly fine with streaming/seeking from a browser based player? (for e.g. VLC client on Firefox or the default player on Google Chrome)

For example, here is a .mp4 from a video podcast site: http://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp4/twit.cachefly.net/video/tnt/tnt0920/tnt0920_h264b_640x368_256.mp...

Let us know what you think/find.

Cheers,
Rashid

Application Development Consultant | Developer Relations

BlackBerry
@surashid

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
tej
My Device: 8760

Re: Fast Forwarding video its throwing exception An error has occurred attempting to play media.

Hi @s_rashid
Thanks for Reply
Problem was giving wrong URL i downloaded that video and deploy it my server its working fine.

Please use plain text.