Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
reumerd
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

Feature Request (submitted) - Allow relative % and computed sizing of QML elements of Cascades in BB10

[ Edited ]

I've submitted a Feature request via the Issue Tracker to incoorporate relative sizing for QML elements:

New Feature Request in the Issue Tracker

If you also ran into some issues with making responsive UI layouts that can work in Potrait and landscape mode, please give it an upvote ;-) (just follow the link.

@reumerd-- @BBDevGroupNL -- about me
If you like it, LIKE it ;-) ----- If it's solved, press solved ! --- If you solved it yourself, please let us know! We might have the same problem!
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gperry
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Developer

Re: Feature Request (submitted) - Allow relative % and computed sizing of QML elements of Cascades in BB10

Thank You

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chrisjBitheads
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Feature Request (submitted) - Allow relative % and computed sizing of QML elements of Cascades in BB10

I want to upvote BBTEN-265 but it's marked private right now... you need to make a request to an admin to make it public (This feature is a must have IMHO)...

[Actually the android folks seem to have a good grip on what is required to support multiple screen types and resolutions - the qml folks should review this... ]

Please use plain text.
Developer
reumerd

OK, it's currently still pending in Triage. Lets give it a little time to go through that.

BTW not only Android developers have good grips on it also Mobile Web Developers (me also being in that catagory - and also other catagories, try to spread my talent.)

If you like it, LIKE it ;-) ----- If it's solved, press solved ! --- If you solved it yourself, please let us know! We might have the same problem!
Please use plain text.
Developer
kylefowler
My Carrier: ATT

You can essentially do this right now with spaceQuota in LayoutProperties. For example if you had 3 controls in a Container and set their spaceQuota to be 20, 60, 20 respectively you would get the same effect.
Like all of my posts
Please use plain text.
Developer
reumerd

Indeed, but you always need to fill out to a 100% and it gets dirty when it becomes more complex, as yoiu need to count all quota's to know their relative size.
Please use plain text.