Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Regular Contributor
MindOperations
My Device: 9930

Feedback please on Mobile IDE concept

Hello I was wondering if I could get some peoples opinion on a open source concept I just opened over at source forge?

Here is the link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mindcontrol

Name: Mind Control
Platform Target: Mobile OS and Tablet Platforms
Type: Interface Development Environment ( IDE )
Language: C ( so far )
Database: Undecided
Connection: Over the Air
Info:
This is a 'Tablet & Mobile OS' IDE concept that allows for quicker processing by using application servers for the heavy work and allowing total development integration. 

Mobile technology application have a need to reduce processing directives and file sizes. With these concepts at the core of of Mind Controls fundamentals; total development integration concepts like version controls, compiling, resource handling, library integration, debug system, JIT support and more can be achieved. A way of presenting these UI elements to make developers feel comfortable in its use and can quickly learn.its features is also a fundamental concepts to this project.

Why a mobile IDE? This program is intending for developers who move. Need to make changes to existing code bases on the fly but have no computer access? Have an idea but you’re at the beach? Want to practice coding in your down time at the airport? It may not replace your desktop; it su

Brandon Clark
The Mind Company | www.themindspot.com

Developer
Developer
CMY
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook

Re: Feedback please on Mobile IDE concept

I was thinking of something along the same lines, if doing nothing mode than just a basic editor with integrated source control at first and working up from there.
Regular Contributor
MindOperations
My Device: 9930

Would you like to join the process?

Brandon Clark
The Mind Company | www.themindspot.com

Developer
neilhogg69
My Device: Bold 9900

Android has a app like this called AIDE. I have used it on my android device and this is really helpful if you want to make code changes while on the go. I think this is a great idea to create a similar type of software for blackberry. Have a look at AIDE maybe you can get some pointers from there.