Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Festival C++ Speech to Text

Is any smart person able to get this embedded in a sample application and working? I have tried but I am running into compile errors. I don't know c/c++ that well so it could very likely be user error.

http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/festival/manual/festival_28.html#SEC133

Description Resource Path Location Type
expected ',' or '...' before '&' token FestivalTest line 49, external location: C:\Development\Libraries\festival\src\include\Phone.h C/C++ Problem
expected ';' before '&' token FestivalTest line 48, external location: C:\Development\Libraries\festival\src\include\Phone.h C/C++ Problem
expected ';' before 'void' FestivalTest line 49, external location: C:\Development\Libraries\festival\src\include\Phone.h C/C++ Problem

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Festival C++ Speech to Text

You might want to try Flite (festival lite) that is ligher weight, faster and only depends on C.  It is reported that the festival C++ is a little hard to port.  Flite is more designed for mobile devices and is used for the iPhone platform.  We were going to look into this, but if you can make headway, that would be great.  If you need any help (not familiar with code at all), we would be interested.

It would be nice that this a part of the OS or part of the "open" libraries that are on the device.  At least, it should be coordinated with the voice files will reside so if more than one person uses the library, they can shared the voices and take up less disk space.