Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
vingilot
My Device: 9900

First QML/C++ Application

Hey everyone! Making my first application using Cascades and was wondering, is it best to handle events in qml or link it to  the C++? I know they can be handled in either separately or using signals and slots link together, is one preferrable? I know QML is best for the UI and then maybe the c++ should handle the logic such as the event conditions etc? 

Is this the ideal way of approaching this and if so, is there documentation on connecting the QML to the C++ for events? I'm pouring through it now, but so far I can just find signal and slot documentation on either all QML or C++ but not in this fashion. As always thanks guys and any input would  be great help :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
Jaffa
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Ltd Edition

Re: First QML/C++ Application

JS vs C++

It's personal preference - both JavaScript (in QML) and C++ can be used to handle events. One way of approaching it might be to use QML for any events which are application-logic (i.e. display state etc.) and C++ for business-logic events.

However, it really can vary however you want.

"Connecting" QML to C++

There's quite a lot of documentation on signals, properties and slots in QML - and tying them into C++ objects - in the QML Signals and Handler Event System section of the Qt docs.