Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
npross
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Fresh NDK 2.0 install, new C++ project doesn't work

So last night it started taking 3+ minutes to launch my app in the debugger and in a fit of frustration I uninstalled everything (I had a beta NDK installed) and did a fresh install.  Created a new empty C++ project. Added main.cpp typed #include <vector> and the little ? showed up on the side.

Sure enought the cpp include paths are not in the project.   This worked in the Beta 3 but it doesn't work in the release. 

I just tried it on a completely different machine and got the same result.

Norm

Please use plain text.
Developer
BGmot
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

Re: Fresh NDK 2.0 install, new C++ project doesn't work

But it does compile, doesn't it?

If it does you need to check whether you have correct folders in File->Properties->C/C++ general->Path and symbols->Languages->GNU C

Please use plain text.
New Developer
npross
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Yes, it does compile. I just assumed it wouldn't because of the missing preprocessor lines that were in my other projects. So I assumed because the preprocessor definitions were different that it wasn't correct.  I guess I was expecting something to not work properly since I was running into so many other difficulties at the time and I had just reinstalled everyhthing.  

Sorry I try not to make frivolous posts... Move along, nothing to see here...

Norm

Please use plain text.
Developer
BGmot
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

Your post is totally fine and indeed *sometimes* it is a pain in one place to make Indexer work (so you don't see question marks in editor). You see errors/warning in editor but project compiles and runs fine... -(

Please use plain text.