Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
hamid_elaosta
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Generating bar-descriptor.xml command line?

I am attempting to set up build scripts in order to build our Cascades apps on a build server. 

What I would like to ask, is whether there is a tool I can use to generate the bar-descriptor for me so that at build time, the build server can modify things like version number and build id.

If not, is there a preferred solution? Will I have to generate a template and use some method of find/replace.

It is my intention to script the build process using ant.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: Generating bar-descriptor.xml command line?

Do all the options available when you type "blackberry-nativepackager" without any arguments show you what you need to know? And if they don't, but you're scripting the whole thing, you could certainly just build the bar-descriptor.xml file out of a template file with certain items in it replaced at build time, using a scripting language like Python or Perl.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hamid_elaosta
My Device: Playbook

Re: Generating bar-descriptor.xml command line?

Thanks for the reply. I had thought about that, there is nothing amongst the options for the packager that apear to be of help.

I think the template path might be the only option but I was hoping for a better, existing one.

Please use plain text.