Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Visitor
vgevorgyan
My Device: Developer

Getting thumbnail from a video in Blackberry 10 Cascade?

I'm new in Blackberry Cascade. I have an C++ Cascade project. What I am trying to do is, to get thumbnail of video in device storage and display that in my application. How is it possible? Any idea, tutorial will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Developer
knobtviker
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Limited Edition

Re: Getting thumbnail from a video in Blackberry 10 Cascade?

Since I am interested too, I'll contribute what I know. 

Examined a few native apps and from what I can tell there should be files somewhere that already exist. These are generated by C++ or Qt Core and stored. All controls used to preview them are ImageView controls with imageSource property set.to path of the generated file.

As for the actual procedure of how to do it - I'm still investigating. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
knobtviker
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Limited Edition

Re: Getting thumbnail from a video in Blackberry 10 Cascade?

You might want to read and check with this thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/Camera-API-video-callback-issue/m-p/265104...

there are several useful information pieces on this subject. Even a code solution for cherry plucking frames and creating thumbnails while you record a video.

Already finished files use an API that is not yet public and open to developers AFAIK.

Please use plain text.