Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
cycletronic
My Carrier: Platinumtel

Re: Got Game? Get Rewarded!

Hi, I have submitted some games for BB10 for the Port-a-thon.  I want to also release them for Playbook 2.1 (so people can play them for the next couple months), but I don't want to risk losing my place in the rewards line :smileyhappy:  Should I just make a new product (say, Snorgak for Playbook) for the interim?

----------------
WIP game: Melodaeum
My graphically bland but very useful Morse Code trainer: Speed CW
My graphically attractive but boring game: The Rainstorm
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kokak
My Carrier: Free

[ Edited ]

Hi, I just received an email stating I submitted only one game during the port-a-Thon, while I submitted 3 games during the event (two of them are ports of already published playbook games).
Does anyone else have this kind of issue?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sucroid
My Carrier: None

[ Edited ]

I submitted 12 and only 5 are counted.  What is happening?  

EDIT: The 7 uncounted are ports of existing PlayBook apps to BB10.  Looks like the system is not counting such apps.  But Lou and others at RIM confirmed during the port-a-thon that those would count too.  Hmm.  A glitch in the system?

Sucroid.com
Sweet Apps for the Fans
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
vbovio

They did state Playbook ports are counted.

I submitted 8 games ported from Playbook, 7 already approved, and have not received any notice yet..

BovioSoft Games
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sucroid

Lou Gazzola replied to my tweet saying they'll look into it and send out updates next week. I hope my other 7 get counted.
Sucroid.com
Sweet Apps for the Fans
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Aarkham

I submitted two apps, ports from Playbook, and they are still "under review". Does anybody know if this is normal?

Thanks

Carlos

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sucroid

If you submitted as new releases (rather than new products), the answer is yes.

It looks like they are giving priority to new products submitted during the port-a-thon.  I'm speaking from the 7 ports that finally got approved this morning.

Sucroid.com
Sweet Apps for the Fans
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Confession1996
My Carrier: n/a

Same issue here. 12 or so submit, 5 approved on the 20th with the rest pending, but they're all ports from Playbook apps. Received no reward notification. Has to be some sort of glitch as I verified with a host during the live discussion that these apps would qualify. An email notification to those affected would be a nice gesture as I've been scouring the net looking for answers regarding the issue. We've been hoodwinked :Surrender:! lol

I really hope this is cleared up soon and rewards recalculated to some extent if they've already divvied everything out before everybody was included properly. :Yes:

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sucroid

I hope that this is indeed a system glitch that they can fix and not a misrepresentation of the terms during the port-a-thon because I heard precisely the same thing.  It will be very disappointing if my porting efforts for the event were disregarded.

Sucroid.com
Sweet Apps for the Fans
Please use plain text.
Developer
borceg
My Carrier: Vip

In email that I've received is states that Program period is extended, so we can publish more games, but I haven't found yet until which date it is extended. Does this mean that we can still publish games and be elligible for cash/PB rewards ?

According to our records, you submitted the following game apps.  We’re pleased to let you know that we extended the “Program Period” to include additional game apps for Cash and BlackBerry® PlayBook™ rewards.

Please use plain text.